How can I do this?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:04 pm

I been looking all over the forums for something that guide me (or a tutorial) in how to make an Adventure Puzzle Game
like this one: http://www.marketjs.com/game/agot
but sadly I didn't found anything, anyone have any ideas? I appreciated any kind of input, or link to a tutorial.

Thanks   
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:06 pm

I don't know if there's a tutorial. But as with anything else in C2 or any other programing (or indeed in life), it's a matter of breaking the problem down into smaller chunks.

Each of the locations in that game could be represented as a different layout. And each hotspot within the location could be represented as a sprite.

As sprites they can be clicked on and animate and spawn other sprites or text boxes. And from there, you could load up other layouts, ie move to another location.

I think you could get a simple and ugly version of that up and working fairly quickly.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:30 pm

You are so kind for your answer, probably I am still overwhelm by the software,I will try your advice, have patience breath and try to keep learning the software.

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:09 pm

If you find it overwhelming (and it can be) then you might want to consider making something more simple before doing an adventure game of that type. eg. a hidden object game would be a step along the way to that without having to deal with all the complexity at once.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:42 pm

is gonna be frustrating anyway, simple project or not,

Thanks
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General