how can I import the gif format image?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 am

I've tried to import a gif image into C2, but there are not any dynamic effects showing up ... Why?
B

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:12 am

You need to import frames rather than the full image.

At the bottom of the animation editor the animation frames are laid out. Right-click an empty space and click on Import Frames.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 am

[QUOTE=GeometriX] You need to import frames rather than the full image.

At the bottom of the animation editor the animation frames are laid out. Right-click an empty space and click on Import Frames.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot, I know import frames must work, but are you sure that can't import the full gif image in C2? [:P]
B

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 am

Well you can; doing it this way is how it's done. It's just that you can't import the full frames of a GIF by clicking the "Load an image from a file" button as that seems to only import single frames.

I have no idea why it's done this way - seems a little unobvious to me - but that just seems to be how it goes.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:10 pm

[QUOTE=GeometriX] Well you can; doing it this way is how it's done. It's just that you can't import the full frames of a GIF by clicking the "Load an image from a file" button as that seems to only import single frames.

I have no idea why it's done this way - seems a little unobvious to me - but that just seems to be how it goes.[/QUOTE]
thanks for replying me so patiently @GeometriX [:P]
B

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:11 pm

You can drag and drop a .gif straight from Windows in to the layout and it should create a sprite with the gif animation as frames. To be honest though, GIF is an old 90s format and you should avoid using it! PNG is much better.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:36 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley] You can drag and drop a .gif straight from Windows in to the layout and it should create a sprite with the gif animation as frames. To be honest though, GIF is an old 90s format and you should avoid using it! PNG is much better.[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much @Ashley, it actually work!
B

Return to How do I....?