How Can I Improve This Infinite Runner???

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:02 am

Hello Wonderful Community :D I am sure you all are well aware of the infinite runner example that comes with construct 2, I was just trying to figure out 1 or 2 things but I am pretty much a noob so maybe one of you construct wizards can help me out and also the community can benefit from these changes! :)

1) In the example I uploaded, it shows that the player starts off with straight blocks, but then it goes back to the long blocks..How do I keep the block straight the whole time so it does not change?

2)How can I start the game by tapping on it? or maybe having a 3,2,1 count down..

3) How do I shake the screen when the player lands on a block?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:25 am

As for your first problem, it sounds like you want to remove the randomness of the blocks. In that case you need to change the action 'Block - set size to (what size you want it to be)'

I've created your countdown timer. Check out the things I added on start of layout and touch input to see how I did it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?