How capable is Construct 2?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 4:48 pm

Thats an ease of use issue, not a capability issue.
Dealing with formations, and even following a leader are very complex functions that can have many different solutions.
You have to create the logic for that yourself.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 4:53 pm

KnivetonStudios wrote:@PixelPower I am making a top down shooter and i have completed all the art and am a fair way into the programming; however I am not sure if it will end up with lots of path-finding bugs that I can't fix or if it can't handle a larger game as I have looked through older forum posts and people have seemed to have problems with things like enemies merging.

Ok I do know that the line of sight command seems to not be working from what I have seen in the forum. If I had that problem here is how I would code it

1) Make invisible spots of the screen using sprite.

2) One spot would be the trigger which will set off a variable when your player collides with it.

3) When the variable is true, then you set the enemies movement up using 8 direction or bullet behaviors.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 5:12 pm

If you're not sure how capable it is, I would start small and try making something you know you can finish.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 3:33 pm

@PixelPower I hadn't through about it that way, thank you for that response
Image keep updated on my new game: Still Human
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 3:33 pm

@Prominent I have already made many smaller games but this is my first larger one
Image keep updated on my new game: Still Human
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:14 am

I've never had any problems even with my biggest projects.

I imagine any 2D game you could do on even the PS2 is possible with Construct. I still haven't hit any real performance limits.
B
S

Previous

Return to Open Topic