How come the animation doesn't stop?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • mediafire.com (can't post hyperlinks, sorry.)

I couldn't do the tutorial with the Jungle sprites because I don't have those sprites, but I followed the top-down shooter and building a platformer tutorials. But how come, even though I set the animation to "standing" on stopped, the running animation continues for a couple of seconds while I'm not moving?

And if you were kind enough to check the file, the reason why I didn't just mirror the animation when a wall is to the left, is because I didn't want everything mirrored, e.g. the standing animation (because it is facing you, so it just looks a bit weird when mirrored). Also that's not the problem.

Thanks for your time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The animation doesn't change because you made deceleration very low. The player still slightly moves till full stop for a second. You should increase it by a lot.

Also, it doesn't help that you assigned platform behavior to both "Player" and "Player_image". You mixed "Player" and "Player_image" conditions. "Player" is irrelevant according to your events.

Compare to this

• The animation doesn't change because you made deceleration very low. The player still slightly moves till full stop for a second. You should increase it by a lot.

Also, it doesn't help that you assigned platform behavior to both "Player" and "Player_image". You mixed "Player" and "Player_image" conditions. "Player" is irrelevant according to your events.

Compare to dl.dropbox.com/u/3232744/pltfrmr.capx

Thanks for that. Finally someone who actually takes time to help.

Btw how do I add anti-aliasing to when the player is doing an animation? If the player was not doing one, then the edges would be smooth. But if an animation is being played the edges aren't really smooth.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)