How create a Boardgame

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi,

My name is Josep and I'm new to C2.

It would be great if someone can tell me if it is possible to create a risk type game using C2.

I have in mind some kind of games, all related to resource management and wargames turn based, with IA and network play.

Any experience or advice? any real game of that type created with C2?

Salut,

Josep M

• Hi,

My name is Josep and I'm new to C2.

It would be great if someone can tell me if it is possible to create a risk type game using C2.

I have in mind some kind of games, all related to resource management and wargames turn based, with IA and network play.

Any experience or advice? any real game of that type created with C2?

Salut,

Josep M

1) Absolutely possible.

2) Start by going through the tutorials and example games (the principles in there are used in board games and any other games. Families, webstorage, arrays etc etc

3) Check the Your creations thread -

I've seen a few, some in development, some abandoned (its a big undertaking), and a few completed.

You will need more than a 100 events ( I couldn't do it with less (currently over a 1000 events) )

You will need to use families, tokens/cities/etc etc

So you will need a personal license or business license.

• Thanks for answer.

1000 events? One for each region, token, element?

No problem, of course I buy a license, but before I want know if is posible or not before decide.

I have pseudo-prototype of a wargame that I like to try to build in C2. It's pass-and-play game.

Salut,

Josep M

• Thanks for answer.

1000 events? One for each region, token, element?

No problem, of course I buy a license, but before I want know if is posible or not before decide.

I have pseudo-prototype of a wargame that I like to try to build in C2. It's pass-and-play game.

Salut,

Josep M

Lol, families cut down on the region, token, elements events.

Trust me events add up quickly. And you can optimize it with better coding practices, and I do this from time to time.

But, it still adds up.

Example: around 200-300 events on the options/settings/etc alone

And I have about another year of development with game, maybe more.

I still have to do multiplayer which is huge (holding out for new mulitplayer plugin to see if it will work better than websockets)

CHeck out this example of small board game http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/tut ... edev-12237 has some nice Basic Game Mechanics

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great tutorial. Thanks

Also other question. My boardmap is bigger than the viewable screen. It's posible scroll it from mobile devices or desktop? with a HUD interface at top of the map with the stats?

It's posible show or hide panels from the HUD? I mean touch any zone that show a panel with the tokens or elements info, and then take actions?

Sorry for my questions

• That'll keep you busy for a few months lol

• Great!

For today I guess I will be busy...

The map of the example is any game you are working on?

Thanks for your answers

• Just started it - got a few games in the works.

This one in particular - only just finishing basic game setup - on layout start, it randomingly places cities which are generated in 4 different colors (4 colors in total = 4 players) color being who has dominance in which city.

So its still in infant stages - lol

I write up the functionality in seperate projects. Options / player customization / splash screen / etc etc etc and slowing put it together later. That way I know what breaks it, what doesn't.

• Online multiplayer risk, 448 events ^_^

World Domination, in the arcade

• Online multiplayer risk, 448 events ^_^

World Domination, in the arcade

Lol, what you don't know JosepM is that lennaert is a wizz at construct 2, and i will say that he knows more than 80% of the folks here

lennaert,

N1, haven't looked at arcade for a little over a month, so missed it. Good job. 448 events - show off -

• Hi,

Sorry, show an error of .aspx

• Hi,

I try to put a image background as board with a zones the the player will put their tokens. How I can define the zones? or must be transparent sprites?

For the movement I want that the player touch (or click) one token and the posibles zones where the token can move on will be selected. The selected zone must be an sprite as a .png?

Salut,

Josep M

Salut,

Josep M

• DUTOIT good post with links

• JosepM,

Can't spend to much more time helping here lol.

But the tilemap is pretty good at this.

Advanced Wars GRID Thread

Here is the .capx from that thread

Can can also use map and put image points on that map (see manual)

And then there is transparent sprites and a few others. Many ways to skin a cat, so they say. Depends on you and your outcome. The Tilemap is pretty cool, I've just started implementing it myself (newish feature) and I am complete noob, but it looks good.

The manual is one of the best I've come across for software, and suggest you read it, re-read it, bookmark, read, try everything as a test to see what it does. The best way is to do.

You haven't ever opened it So suggest you get busy on that.

delgado

Thanks, I have tons more, but with new forum lost access to them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)