How did you find out about Construct?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am

Coming back from a community hiatus I got some of the gossip I'd missed about "MMF Replacement" from some of the old gang on MSN. A bit later I tried an early version, and since then have been downloading, but not actually using until a couple weeks ago, each update.
B
G

Post » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:14 am

I used MMF for 4 or 5 years...didn't get anywhere. Stopped trying to make games for a couple of years. Every now and then i would get the desire to make a game, and Fusion would stop me. My most recent dip into game making saw my friend give me a link to the Construct website.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:03 am

youtube.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:15 am

daily click
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:19 am

Something Awful forums, of all places.
B
G

Post » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:41 pm

[quote="deadeye":1gkh5pyb]Uh oh, there goes the neighborhood :roll:

jk, welcome to the forum :)[/quote:1gkh5pyb]
Hey even bad commercial is a commercial :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:54 pm

[quote="Riteksi":fo2ap4yr]Something Awful forums, of all places.[/quote:fo2ap4yr]

This thread? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=3096413

I posted a thread about Construct on SA over a year ago but the consensus was pretty much "I'll wait until it's done."

Oh and yeah, that is me that guy's referring to, and yeah I'm a goon :|. I hardly ever post at SA any more though.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:44 pm

I am working on a concept framework for game based tools, as an educational tool for Expert system driven teaching in Africa. With a heavy slant toward Python, I have played with small toys and big guns, and finally settled on Pygame for the 2D stuff, and Panda3D for the 3D stuff. but there was a gap missing... A Flash like environment, where python can manipulate ready made objects... So after at least a week of combing the backwaters of the internet, and rejecting all but open source projects, an obscure link to python game scripting (I sadly dont recall the page), led me to Construct. After day 1, and watching all the tutorial videos, and reading almost all the references and wiki entries, a working calculator, and a working analog clock, convinced me that if a seasoned programmer can produce two applications in under an hour (graphics excluded), construct can tap dance on millions of pcs for me. With the simple socket example linking to somr python pages, the whole world is a playground. Whew... nuff said. I'm sold on Construct. :mrgreen:
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:01 am

[quote="deadeye":aasq2d03]

This thread? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=3096413

I posted a thread about Construct on SA over a year ago but the consensus was pretty much "I'll wait until it's done."

Oh and yeah, that is me that guy's referring to, and yeah I'm a goon :|. I hardly ever post at SA any more though.[/quote:aasq2d03]

I got here from your original thread, actually. And that guy referring to you in the other thread? Yeah, that's me.

So, uh, hi and thanks for introducing me to Construct :D
B
G

Post » Sun May 10, 2009 12:05 am

I stumbled on it while searching open source game making tools on google (after a very long search).

It still amazes me how good this project is and yet it's so difficult to find it. I was searching for quite some time for an open source game creation tool and none were up to the quality I was looking for. Poor choice of keywords? Perhaps, but I still wonder how many people like me still can't find this project.
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion