How did you learn Construct 2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:20 pm

I got it about a week ago and read the whole manual on the first day, then opened all examples and searched the forums for a few examples. After 3-4 days reading and experimenting I started to work on my first game. Still a few small issues here and there but I am getting used how everything works.

I found many answers via the forum search and if you can't find it just ask. There are many very nice and helpful people around.Bl4ckSh33p2013-07-26 18:21:39
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 pm

The best advice is probably to pick a tutorial that makes a full game that you can add your own ideas to. Or grab one of the examples that come with construct and turn it into your own game.

Decide what piece you want to work on next and search the forums and tutorials for similar solutions. Spend your first days just trying to make all the parts work together. You will learn a little with each part, but don't worry about not knowing everything as long as it's working the way you want. Most of your knowledge will come from debugging research.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:36 am

Been reading through the posts on this thread, After reading tutorials and the manual (like people said) I am finally starting to use C2 and build basic top-down shooters.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:57 pm

[QUOTE=Paradox] The best advice is probably to pick a tutorial that makes a full game that you can add your own ideas to. Or grab one of the examples that come with construct and turn it into your own game.

Decide what piece you want to work on next and search the forums and tutorials for similar solutions. Spend your first days just trying to make all the parts work together. You will learn a little with each part, but don't worry about not knowing everything as long as it's working the way you want. Most of your knowledge will come from debugging research.
[/QUOTE]

This is excellent advice, and pretty much how I approach all new endeavors.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General