How do I access google play game services [solved]

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi,
I've published my game GATE: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/gate/id960357237?mt=8 on iOS, and for the past week I've been working on porting it to android using the intel XDK and crosswalk android.

I'm having some trouble getting game services to work wondered if anybody has had any luck using the intel XDK themselves? If so what process did you use?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Rob
Last edited by 0Hayes on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need help finding the right look for your game? I can help! hayes2D.com
B
28
S
5
Posts: 177
Reputation: 2,138

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:48 pm

I've managed to get game services to work with someones help myself. But it's a long and arduous process with a lot of steps...
Maybe one day I'll try to gather everything I've learned and make a nice, easy to follow tutorial.
But for now just private message me with exactly what you've done so far and where you are stuck and I'll try to help and guide you through it.
B
21
S
11
G
6
Posts: 414
Reputation: 5,335

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:28 pm

I am also having a hard time to make Google Play Game Services and Game Center to work with native and cranberry plugins. I've tried all tutorials but things simply don't work. Any help would be appreciated!
B
231
S
6
G
9
Posts: 89
Reputation: 12,913

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:10 am

VIKINGS wrote:I've managed to get game services to work with someones help myself. But it's a long and arduous process with a lot of steps...
Maybe one day I'll try to gather everything I've learned and make a nice, easy to follow tutorial.
But for now just private message me with exactly what you've done so far and where you are stuck and I'll try to help and guide you through it.


Fantastic, glad its at least possible! I'm just writing a PM with all the details. Thanks!

Jailson wrote:I am also having a hard time to make Google Play Game Services and Game Center to work with native and cranberry plugins. I've tried all tutorials but things simply don't work. Any help would be appreciated!


Google play is yet to be tackled, but Game Center was from what I can remember,straight forward. The built in game center expressions work just fine on the construct side. Then just export with cordova. Wack the cordova files into the www folder then build for iOS. Obviously you'll have to install the plugin into the folder, for that just type "cordova plugin add (plugin directory)". Also, make sure you have sandbox enabled on your testing device via: settings > game center. Alternatively just try in the xcode simulator.

If you need some more info on game center, just PM me where your up to and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for all the help!
Need help finding the right look for your game? I can help! hayes2D.com
B
28
S
5
Posts: 177
Reputation: 2,138

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:01 am

0Hayes wrote:Obviously you'll have to install the plugin into the folder, for that just type "cordova plugin add (plugin directory)".


Hey, it seems I am missing something. Which cordova plugin you are talking about? Game Center? Where can I find it?
B
231
S
6
G
9
Posts: 89
Reputation: 12,913

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:07 am

Jailson wrote:
0Hayes wrote:Obviously you'll have to install the plugin into the folder, for that just type "cordova plugin add (plugin directory)".


Hey, it seems I am missing something. Which cordova plugin you are talking about? Game Center? Where can I find it?


com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.game is the plugin that construct 2 uses, but still needs to be installed via the terminal.
[url]
https://github.com/cranberrygame/com.cr ... lugin.game[/url]

I should probably note that I used the mac terminal method with cordova for iOS instead of the intel XDK, so if that's what your using then I don't really have a clue.
Need help finding the right look for your game? I can help! hayes2D.com
B
28
S
5
Posts: 177
Reputation: 2,138

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:37 am

0Hayes wrote:
Jailson wrote:
0Hayes wrote:Obviously you'll have to install the plugin into the folder, for that just type "cordova plugin add (plugin directory)".


Hey, it seems I am missing something. Which cordova plugin you are talking about? Game Center? Where can I find it?


com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.game is the plugin that construct 2 uses, but still needs to be installed via the terminal.
[url]
https://github.com/cranberrygame/com.cr ... lugin.game[/url]

I should probably note that I used the mac terminal method with cordova for iOS instead of the intel XDK, so if that's what your using then I don't really have a clue.



Thank you! The repository url is all I need to install the plugin vi XDK interface. I am testing again right now! Many thanks!
B
231
S
6
G
9
Posts: 89
Reputation: 12,913

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:41 am

I'm also using the Phonegap Game plugin from Cranberry game, exporting using IntelXDK, and it's working fine on Android. The only problem I had was when I tried to export a decimal number to a leaderboard.

But when I used the following processus :

- Set (number variable) to (non-decimal number)
- submit score of (number variable) to leaderboard (whatever)

it worked perfectly. Just avoid submitting a score that is defined in the submit score action
for example :
submit score of (3*whateverVariable-(10/whateverOtherVariable)) to leaderboard
didn't work for me.
Put the result of the calculation into one variable and export it.

I never had problems with achievements.
B
33
S
6
G
1
Posts: 355
Reputation: 2,850

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:58 am

@0Haynes ... still not working... Are you able to test it with the Adhoc build? Or you are able to test only with production build via TestFlight?
B
231
S
6
G
9
Posts: 89
Reputation: 12,913

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:41 pm

@Jailson Testing can be done straight from xcode. Just plug your device in and hit build. Alternatively, set your target as one of the simulators if you don't have a device to test on. There's no need to archive till everything is ready, or you want to beta test to allot of people.
Need help finding the right look for your game? I can help! hayes2D.com
B
28
S
5
Posts: 177
Reputation: 2,138

Next

Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests