How do I add a login/signin system?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:10 am

Message: ChesVCF can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
I found the problem, I was instantiating my Firebase object with the wrong url. Firebase databases live at firebaseio.com. Firebase hosting sites live at firebaseapp.com.

But now there is a last error:
Projects created at console.firebase.google.com must use the new Firebase Authentication SDKs available from firebase.google.com/docs/auth/

I have looked for a solution in the Internet and I found this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3801 ... m-must-use I think @rexrainbow the plugin code has to be updated to the new SDK.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Please answer @rexrainbow, I don´t know how to update the plugin's SDK
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:52 am

@ChesVCF

rex_firebase_authentication works fine, here is a sample capx to login by facebook or google.

But first of all, Does your leaderboard (scoreboard ) show scores page by page?
If the answer is yes, firebase might not be a good choice.

Here are some other possible solutions:
1. scoreboard of newgrond.io service
2. leaderboard by backendless service
3. leaderboard by parse/back4app service
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm

@rexrainbow :)

I've been trying them all (your scoreboard and authentification plugins) but there's still two things I don't know how to do:

1-I want all players to post their own scores to a server and then request the server (e.g.) the 10 best scores and show them in the leaderboard (it's not a list of the player's personal best scores, but a ranking with the best players with their highest score).

2- And is it posible to save the player's score (or any variable) when they login (for example via Google) with your authentification plugin? This way they can recover the advance they made if they login to their account from another device.

I use many of your plugins and I have a last question, do I have to add your plugins to my XDK Project before exporting the project with Intel XDK? And if yes, where can I get the plugin's ID?

Finally, I also wanted to congratulate you for your amazing plugins, they are really helpful and add necessary features to C2 :) Thank you for developing them :D

Thank you also for your help and for your answer :)
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:12 am

@ChesVCF

1. To get first N (first 100) best scores, all of these 4 service (firebase/newground.io/backendless/parse(back4app) could do it.

2. To auth by 3rd party service :
- firebase : google, facebook, email&password
- newground.io : only built-in
- backendless : facebook, email&password
- parse(back4app) : facebook, email&password

3. I did not try exporting to Intel XDK before.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:18 pm

@rexrainbow

1. I know, I am dealing with the Firebase Plugin. My question is: How do I configure the Firebase's database, so that whenever the game updates the scores, it gets the scores from this concrete database? Is it necessary to do this with a JSON?

2. This is very similar to question 1: once the player is authentificated (logged in), how do I automatically save his score to a database with his User ID, so the player is able to recover his current score if he logs in to his account from anther device?

3. Which system do you recommend for exporting games to Android/iOS instead of Intel XDK?

Thank you once again, once I solve this issues I will be able to publish my game (thanks to you! :))
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:45 am

@ChesVCF

1. rex_firebase_leaderboard is a leaderboard plugin on a concrete firebase project. User does not need to deal with JSON with this plugin.

2. current status could be saved in
- rex_firebase_savedata, or
- rex_firebase_itembook, or
- rex_firebase

3. I did not export to any mobile app, only html5 exporting.

Sorry I could not provide more tutorials. Please contact to @jomo (who is a C2 teacher in college, he had taught firebase before) to get more detail help.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:43 pm

@rexrainbow

Hi Rex, been using your firebase plugin for quite some time and i love it. Is it possible to display "Friends" score when you authenticate with FB login? Or do you know of any plugin that will display Scores from Friends?

Thanks,
Metr1c
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:01 pm

@METR1C

Firebase is not good at complex querying to build "Friends" scoreboard, besides, I did not make "friend list" plugin yet.
You might try new ground's scoreboard, but it does not support FB login.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:57 am

rexrainbow wrote:@METR1C

I did not make "friend list" plugin yet.

Do you plan on making a "Friend list" plugin for leaderboards at some stage? :)
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?