How do I add a "Function" ? [Solved]

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Hi,

I've just purchased Constructs 2 and I'm beginning to go through some online tutorials.

One I've been going through is "How to make a Pixel Platformer":

Subscribe to Construct videos now

I'm now on Video #7, but I'm asked to add a "Function", but when I attempt to "Add an Event" and select "Function", the Icon for "Function" isn't there in the Events as suggested in the tutorial.

From what I read online, some changes have been made to how this behaves in the last few years, but as I'm not much a of a programmer and haven't used Construct 2 before - I don't have a clue what to do instead. I'm familiar with what a function is, but how do you add one?

Thanks a lot,

Jay.

The Construct Manual doesn't explain how to add a Function, it just talks about their uses.

• JayH You know how you add a sprite (double click on layout or right click then click add sprite) then scroll down and click function then in the event sheet you can call and name the function(s) .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Laurence,

Totally different approach to the tutorial, but it's now available in the Events to use - seems weird that it's not in the Events tab by default and that you have to add it in the Layout first. This should be added to the Construct 2 Manual.

I doubt I would have figured it out myself without help.

Regards, Jay.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)