How do I add AdMob ads using Cocoon?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 7:48 pm

BackendFreak wrote:Have you deleted "config.xml" file after you exported to Cordova? It overrides the Cocoon.io config setup (so also removes the AdMob Cocoon plugin inclusion).

I had an old config.xml file there, apparently. But even creating a new project on Cocoon from scratch and making sure I had the right config file there didn't help.

I exported the APK and sent it to my Play Store beta, downloaded it on my phone and still no joy :(
B
S

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 7:49 pm

gameglaux wrote:Are you using success/failure events? I would make the app indicate the status of the ad events to see if thats where the problem is. You can remove them after testing. Or use run the app through the cocoon dev app and use the console.

I'm not, I'm just using simple implementation to show the ads.

Honestly, I haven't been this frustrated developing the game since I started :( Kinda sucks. I'm about to give up on the ads thing, if I'm honest.
B
S

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 9:17 pm

You definietely should not give up on this as this is a trivial issue for sure.

This error pops up whenever you try to execute an action of Cocoon plugin (not the C2 plugin but the Atomic one on Ludei side). So for instance the below example shows how you avoid this error popup to be able to work on localhost.

This error should not pop up after you make an APK with Cocoon if you install the right plugin in Cocoon admin panel.

So I am pretty sure it's the issue with your setup. If you keep on having issues I strongly recommend to buy Quick Starter - Ebook by @AndreasR. It's very good ebook that explains everything Cocoon related in details step by step and it costs just few bucks.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Message: marcoscodas can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
BackendFreak wrote:You definietely should not give up on this as this is a trivial issue for sure.

This error pops up whenever you try to execute an action of Cocoon plugin (not the C2 plugin but the Atomic one on Ludei side). So for instance the below example shows how you avoid this error popup to be able to work on localhost.

This error should not pop up after you make an APK with Cocoon if you install the right plugin in Cocoon admin panel.

So I am pretty sure it's the issue with your setup. If you keep on having issues I strongly recommend to buy https://www.scirra.com/store/ebooks/quick-starter-ebook-1893 Quick Starter - Ebook by @AndreasR. It's very good ebook that explains everything Cocoon related in details step by step and it costs just few bucks.

Thanks for the reply, @BackendFreak!

That error is gone now, actually. I'm compiling with Webview+ as Canvas+ gives odd graphic glitches on some devices. Webview+ is more predictable and more stable (though much slower.. thankfully my game isn't demanding).

After the steps I posted a couple of posts ago, everything runs fine, but ads don't load.

I'll look into the ebook, thanks!
B
S

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 7:42 am

Hi @marcoscodas

if you use webview+ make sure to use "System -> is on platform cordova" instead of "Is canvas+". Latter only is true if your game uses the canvas+ engine. However "is on platform cordova" is true on both, webview and canvas+.

@BackendFreak
Thanks for referring to my ebook :)
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 6:23 pm

AndreasR wrote:Hi @marcoscodas

if you use webview+ make sure to use "System -> is on platform cordova" instead of "Is canvas+". Latter only is true if your game uses the canvas+ engine. However "is on platform cordova" is true on both, webview and canvas+.

@BackendFreak
Thanks for referring to my ebook :)

Nowhere did it say on any place that I needed to add "is on platform cordova" :( I just added it to my Start of layout. In theory it should have worked on the phone, even if it showed the error on my browser test on the computer, right?
B
S

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Yes, it only throws this issue on desktop / preview.
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 6:43 pm

AndreasR wrote:Yes, it only throws this issue on desktop / preview.

Well sadly it didn't work for me. Thank you all for your help.

I'm trying to turn this into a good thing by advertising the fact that it doesn't have ads, and is therefore more wholesome. It's a cutesey type of game anyway so it fits better, I think.

I'm just not gonna make any money from it, but oh well.
B
S

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Hey @marcoscodas
Check your PM.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 9:48 pm

gameglaux wrote:Hey @marcoscodas
Check your PM.

Hey Michael! Thank you for that. I'll give it a shot. I can't reply via DM yet becauase I don't have the rep points for that. Quick Q: Doesn't it need to be published to the Play Store for ads to work?

Cheers.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?