How do I Add Collectible Items to my run game?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 am

So ive got this cat and mouse like game, except with a cowboy and cow, if the cowboy collides with the cow, the cow loses. the running game is mainly built off the template AutoRunner. but for a score method i would like coins to randomly appear on the blocks to keep score.(i already know how to make a score & global variables etc.) Any help would be great!!!
B

Post » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:31 pm

I just added coins to the autorunner example... Is this what you were looking for?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hup5yv75fxfn5 ... .capx?dl=0

If I were you, I'd tweak the jump. Maybe lower the strength and play a little with jump sustain or double jump... I don't know. Giving the players a bit more of control to catch the coins would be nice.

Hope this helps. Cheers!
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:56 am

Okay thanks, but ive done the programming and the coins wont appear for some reason. Any Help
B

Post » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:46 am

If you could share your capx I could take a look and see what's wrong with it...
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:15 am

nvm i got it to work, dont know how but i did it, thanks so much for your help as my project is due in a couple of days!
B

Return to How do I....?