How do I And condition?

0 favourites
  • is there in construct 2 an AND condition?

i want to combine two keyboard keys into certain action,how?

please answer me! T_T

• adding a second condition is the same.

first condition is true then move to second condition, is this (also) true then do actions.

• sorry, but i didn't understood... :/

can you explain better?

what condition to add?

• also (from manual - https://www.scirra.com/manual/78/expressions )

& can also be used as logical AND, and | is a logical OR operator. These are useful combined with the comparison operators, e.g. score < 0 | health < 0, which also return 1 if true and 0 if false.

?: is a conditional operator, which allows you to test conditions in expressions. This is especially useful when used with the comparison operators and logical operators. It takes the form condition ? result_if_true : result_if_false

e.g. health < 0 | score < 0 ? "Game over!" : "Keep going!".

The condition counts as true if it is non-zero, and false if it is zero.

edit - I will try to put together a capx...

• i want to make key down and key left to be pressed in the same time then do an animation action.. how?

• This is all covered in the manual and tutorials, especially:

How Events Work.

• So in your case in the actions you would just set up your required animation.

Also see:-

https://www.scirra.com/manual/75/how-events-work

• I have a problem with animations.

I want the player to crawl but when I press the down button or combine the left and down keypress it gets stuck in the 1st frame and no animation.

My request is this:

The player when keypress down it will go crawling but no animation.

Otherwise when the keypress combined like down+left or down+right it crawl and the animation plays.

Can you help me?

• You would speed up the help process considerably if you uploaded your .capx. That way, we can see what you've done and offer suggestions - or fix for you - any issues you may have.

• I really want to but not enough reputation points....

so i will show you a image..

• adamu

You can bypass the posting restriction by just inserting a space or two in the url, such as:

ht tp: www. mygame/ishere.com/mygame.capx[/code:3ills6up]
  • I might be wrong but it seems that event #6 cancels the animation you trigger on event #7.

You can give the player an instance variable "crouch" and switch between states: 0=none, 1=standing_crouch, 2=moving_crouch and depending on the state trigger the equivalent animation.

• can you explain how to do this variable?

i have created a variable in the player object..

how to do next?

and i'm new to construct 2...

thanks!

i have checked the manual but none helped...

• the capx file is here!

h t t p ://www .filedropper .com / mygame_1

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • adamu

Is this what you are after? (uses latest stable r216 from link at bottom of this page).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34306693/mygame.capx

Some advice: You maybe should look at doing a couple of the Platform tutorials, as the way you have chosen to do your Events is not really the best way.

Also, your memory use is already a bit large due to the massive textures you are using.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)