How do i :animate player to scroll through sloping floor

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:55 pm

hello :idea: am caught with this someone could give me an idea
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:12 am

I'm guessing you want the camera to follow a character as it slides down? If it's a platforming game, get the Y value of your normal floor level and store that in a variable. Give your player character the ScrollTo behaviour and set it to Disabled in the player properties window. Then when you enter a sloping floor, you obviously go up or down gradually, so as soon as the player hits that block (on collision check maybe) set player -> Set enabled (in the ScrollTo section) and select the enabled state. Then you just need to add an else statement to it turning it off.

Hope this helps, :).
Last edited by inquiesco on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:13 am

Your question is oddly worded, what do you mean "scroll through sloping floor"?

If you mean how do you get a player to slide down a sloped floor, you could use physics on the player then change the parameters of his mass and other things you may need, so when they land on a slanted platform they will start to slide. Or I would imagine you could check the platforms angle by doing something like, platform angle > 45 ---- do something

There many resources around the forum to find what you're looking for if what I explained wasn't what you were after.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:54 am

I want to slide thanks all
B
S

Return to Beginner's Questions