How do I Assign an Animation 2 Conditions?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • I am trying to make a basic platforming game to better understand the Construct 2 platform. I already made all the animations for my sprite, the player, however I am having problems getting the correct animation to run at the right time. To be specific, I want my jumping animation to be the only one running when I jump. Right now my events are set up that I only go into the jump animation when I am standing still. Also, if I jump while standing still, (so the jump animation does play) if I move left or right in the air, it just goes to my running animation. I have tried using "If on ground" and "If jumping" and "If falling" with "else, but nothing is working. All help appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Only play your running animation if the jumping animation is not running. Other than that, it's guesswork without the capx. You just have to get your states right. The tutorials should cover it.

• What tutorial would I have to reference? What is the capx?

• What tutorial would I have to reference? What is the capx?

If you choose File menu-> Save as single file it creates a single *.capx file of your project that people can easily download and examine.

Regarding tutorials, etc. you must check out the platformer sample(s) if you haven't already. You should get some hints about animations. Also search Tutorials and there should be plenty, I don't have a particular one in mind.

• So if I made a .capx file of my project, you could see what I was doing wrong?

• So if I made a .capx file of my project, you could see what I was doing wrong?

Possibly Then we can open it in C2 and see your events. But without it we cannot. If you don't want to reveal a possibly advanced project, strip out everything but what causes the issue or make a separate one.

• You could also try posting a picture of the events for your controls and animations. That would clear things up.

• I actually figured it out thanks to your advice, codah. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)