How do I avoid Duplicate UIDs

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:26 pm

There's definitely duplicate UIDs showing up. When I go through the save file I'm testing with I can find two instances of the object with that UID. I don't know how or when the duplication is happening though, as it's just save files submitted by users.

Here's what's in the JSON (linebreaks added for readability):

Here's the full JSON if it helps: https://gist.github.com/FaeDine/438e46b ... 6ae0be4a2d
The objects are at lines 7298 and 7394.

The object does exist twice as far as the engine is concerned. They both appear to be identical with the exception of the the "zi" data (their Z index/order?).

I'm grabbing it by using the Browser object and using "Invoke Download of String" to grab SaveStateJSON with the MIME type of application/JSON. I have no idea if the duplicate is created during this process or somewhere earlier on.

@Ashley I can certainly submit what I have, or create something a similar project that loads two identical objects to include in a bug report. I don't know if that would actually help find cause of the issue though.
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:27 pm

It's going to be virtually impossible to do anything to investigate unless you can create a minimal .capx which reproduces the problem.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:36 am

Yeah, that's what I figured, which is why I didn't submit a bug report. It's not actually something I can duplicate. If I can, I'll certainly be back.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?