How do I... avoid jitters in a retro project

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:35 pm

@ruskul Thanks for the heads up!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:57 pm

R0J0hound wrote:What does Firefox have to do with it?

My firefox spits and sputters with HTML 5 games. Whenever I am thinking I am having a performance problem, I look up and see that i am testing on Firefox. When i switch to Chrome the performance is the way i would expect it to be.

Not sure if it is Firefox itself or some kind of plugin is installed, but I can not get Firefox to play C2 games without massive lags, hitches , and random unknown Hard disk usage.

I use Firefox as my default browser so i am not obligated to share my privacy with Google. i also don't like the "OK google" Microphone spy that seems to randomly enable itself. I only use Chrome for testing my games.

I can use Unity, Flash, and other game engines with Firefox without too may problems, just not C2 games for some reason. The performance just goes in the toilet after 1 or 2 minutes.

The only Plugins I use Is Adblock PLus, and Adblock Element hiding, Disabling them does nothing to help.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:27 pm

@R0j0hound - That is it in a nutshell. Though I never saved the floating point for x and y because it didn't seem necessary at the time based on how my camera works (its movement comes form being clamped, to flexible boundaries) I like the smoothness of the camera moving in sub pixels, I just don't like it to stop and sit at a sub pixel. So I only round it when the camera is not in motion.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:29 pm

jojoe wrote:

My firefox spits and sputters with HTML 5 games. Whenever I am thinking I am having a performance problem, I look up and see that i am testing on Firefox. When i switch to Chrome the performance is the way i would expect it to be....

That is weird, I never have any problems with firefox at all. I normally test chrome because I export to desktop via chrome so , you know..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:34 pm

@jojoe
I always test everything with FF - I don't actually have chrome installed - and never have any big janks or issues with it.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:37 pm

ruskul wrote:
jojoe wrote:

My firefox spits and sputters with HTML 5 games. Whenever I am thinking I am having a performance problem, I look up and see that i am testing on Firefox. When i switch to Chrome the performance is the way i would expect it to be....

That is weird, I never have any problems with firefox at all. I normally test chrome because I export to desktop via chrome so , you know..

Problem solved. You dont have problems. Must be something like a plugin like I mentioned before.

@zenox98,

That is nice, I wish i had your computer. I much prefer using Firefox.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:56 pm

jojoe wrote:Problem solved. You dont have problems. Must be something like a plugin like I mentioned before.

Lol, that is funny way to put it. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:14 pm

ruskul wrote:
jojoe wrote:Problem solved. You dont have problems. Must be something like a plugin like I mentioned before.

Lol, that is funny way to put it. ;)

Yes, We have different computers, and different software running. Not all computers work alike.

I have bad English, i am not from around here. :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:51 pm

@joejoe - To me, the funny part was how obvious it was, but I never thought about it like that before. But you are right. Your English seems great to me!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?