How do I avoid tile seams with cocoonjs export

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 12:00 pm

This game is for a client, they want retro pixel art look, the sprite animations are low-res, per frame images, I used Spriter to make the animations, but then exported them as png and processed them into pixel art, so no Spriter files are being used in the game.

I know how to replace tiled background objects with sprites, but that's not remotely optimized, and most importantly, it USED TO WORK, and now it's broken.

I too am super glad that tilempas might finally be useable for non retro style games :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Hey Everyone, I just exported and built my game using Ejecta instead of cocoon and it has no seems, so its definitely a cocoon js issue/limitation.. now to tell them on their forums etc...
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 3:40 pm

I have the exact same problem, I have been developing a 32x32 pixel game and the problem seems to have something to do with Scale Outer as the seam-lines also appear when I preview in Chrome/Firefox.

When I switch to "High Quality" Fullscreen Scaling the seam-lines disappear but so does my pixel grid :(

Can anyone help us out here? @Ashley maybe?
B
S

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 4:14 pm

CocoonJS doesn't support any of the letterbox scale modes, so will always fall back to a floating-point scale inner/outer which can cause seams. I'd definitely recommend Ejecta or Crosswalk, both of which have letterbox support.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 6:26 pm

Thanks for the tip Ashley, but whats strange is I've had a seamless export with cocoon js just weeks ago, same game, same art, same settings. but, ejecta it is for now.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?