How do I ball game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:44 am

lilvee1989 do you think you are better coder then anyone? On this forum you ask for help. We on other hand give you our code or capx for your help. Where does that leave you? You are stealing our code is well? But we are not like you. We are here to help people like you with honest intention and not here to steal your game. Kyatric only ask for your capx meaning not your game but, some kind of information. So we could understand what you are trying to do. In future if you cannot be polite and accuse us or indict us then please go somewhere else and ask for help. Not on this SCIRRA forum. This forum is built on trust and not like what you articulate. If I sound rude then I am sorry but, someone has to speak up on behalf of honest people whom are trying to help and not steal game idea.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:49 am

lilvee1989 do you think you are better coder then anyone? On this forum you ask for help. We on other hand give you our code or capx for your help. Where does that leave you? You are stealing our code is well? But we are not like you. We are here to help people like you with honest intention and not here to steal your game. Kyatric only ask for your capx meaning not your game but, some kind of information. So we could understand what you are trying to do. In future if you cannot be polite and accuse us or indict us then please go somewhere else and ask for help. Not on this SCIRRA forum. This forum is built on trust and not like what you articulate. If I sound rude then I am sorry but, someone has to speak up on behalf of honest people whom are trying to help and not steal game idea.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:54 am

I never said I was better than anyone I was just asking a simple question because I wasn't sure . There is no reason to get defensive
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:50 am

Then please do not accuse us for stealing your game IDEA
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:06 am

Wow, @Lordshiva1948, overreaction of the century. Please don't think that you speak for anyone but yourself.

Lilvee was simply asking "hey, isn't it true that people could steal my game if I post the capx?" It's a totally valid question, and this is not the first time this issue has come up. Nor will it be the last time the issue comes up. There was no accusation, just a perfectly acceptable newbie question met with a harsh and overblown reaction.

Lilvee, when people ask for a capx, it means that they cannot guess your problem, so they need to see it for themselves. If you're worried about someone stealing your game or assets, create a duplicate capx that has all of the other content stripped out, and only has the issue that you're asking about. Actually this is a far better practice anyway: doing so makes it easier for other people to work through your code, and it often has the side-effect of forcing you to take apart your code and sometimes fix it in the act of doing so.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:35 am

GeometriX you are right I am sorry for overreaction but, if I did not would you have given a good definition. This prove that GeometriX people like you do understand what we are trying to do on this forum. Thanks and if I am rude sorry but, so be it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:43 am

Hah, I guess you're right. May peace and harmony reign :P
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:09 am

Yes to that dear friend GeometriX
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Thanks for the explanation geometrix I guess im use to people saying show me some code and not Actually asking me to send files over the computer but u explained pretty well and detailed . And when I actually made that comment I was addressing that to the person who actually mentioned for me to send my capx file to explain more but im glad u stepped in and broke it down. I just come from gamemaker and had never been asked to send files over just was curious and its not like I know anyone on here personally too just know what people will and wont do out the top of my head so thatd where the simple question came in but once again Thanks for the explanation
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:43 pm

lilvee1989 no harm done. I am sorry I was hard on you. You are most welcome in this Scirra forum
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?