How do I best do a "donate" feature for a charity game?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hi everyone,

So I have a game I'm making that I want to be used as a "game for good". This will be meant to do two things:

1. raise awareness of bees and dangers they face

2. raise money for a non profit audubon society

So my plan is to make this game for iOS, Android, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8. I have experience reaching all of these platform, but what I haven't done before is doing IAP with C2..

I know there is the "IAP" plugin for C2.. but what does that work with? Is it a cross platform IAP system?

I'm working under a very tight timeline in order to have the game ready in time for respective app stores (iOS being the longest to get approved) so I'd like to be able to reuse as much IAP dev time as possible.

I'm looking to use Ejecta for iOS, how would I access IAP through that? Or is that possible yet? I see the ejecta object has iad support.. and some other things (game center i assume)

Thanks!

Caleb

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you looked at at your platform TOS? In-game donations to charity are prohibited on iOS, you'll want to research the others:

[quote:2pbpqzw0]

21. Charities and contributions

21.1 Apps that include the ability to make donations to recognized charitable organizations must be free

21.2 The collection of donations must be done via a web site in Safari or an SMS

https://developer.apple.com/appstore/resources/approval/guidelines.html

More info on the IAP object: https://www.scirra.com/manual/173/iap

• oh wow didn't even think about that being an issue! Thanks for pointing that out. that's a shame, but I can work around that. The app's fundraising power was secondary. It can still serve it's purpose with out it. I just thought it would be a nice feature to add.. and give me a good reason to finall figure out how the IAP system works

That's cool that the IAP object acts as a kind of catch all for each store. I imagine there are specific tutorials for each of the mentioned supported platforms as well. i'll definitely dig into that (but not for this app!)

Thanks!

Caleb

• Also for web based donations, get in touch with austin from clay.io. They handle web IAP and very kindly offered to not take a cut, so the charity would have got 100% of proceeds.

• awesome thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)