How do I block the Space key?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Random Maze Generator with Door & Key System - tutorial capx
  • Hi again

i have this events to set a minimum of 3 characters length and a maximum of 15

the thing is that i dont want to have Spaces, is there a way to block it? even if someone Paste a string with Spaces on it? or to not count the Blank Spaces as a char?

what im trying to do is to verify the textbox has more than 3 characters but i dont want to count the blank spaces...

any ideas?

thanks again

• You can use the regex system expressions.

Remove all spaces from string ("\s" matches any whitespace, "g" = global, replaces all occurences):

RegexReplace(TextBox.Text, "\s", "g", "")[/code:2ddr5qdt]

Count number of spaces:
    [code:2ddr5qdt]RegexMatchCount(TextBox.Text, "\s", "g")[/code:2ddr5qdt]
  • Remove all spaces from string ("\s" matches any whitespace, "g" = global, replaces all occurences):

ramones where did you find a list of the flags? I can't find it anywhere. The doc on this is ridiculously thin..

do you know how to concat the flags together? if I wanted to remove whitespaces and "-" dashes? or do I have to do it as separate Actions? I actually want to remove all non alphas... is there a flag for that?

• > Remove all spaces from string ("\s" matches any whitespace, "g" = global, replaces all occurences):

>

>

ramones where did you find a list of the flags? I can't find it anywhere. The doc on this is ridiculously thin..

do you know how to concat the flags together? if I wanted to remove whitespaces and "-" dashes? or do I have to do it as separate Actions? I actually want to remove all non alphas... is there a flag for that?

What?

Google "regex" will give you more results than you ever can read...

http://eloquentjavascript.net/09_regexp.html

• I'm sure he meant in C2 / the manual. But yeah regular expressions can be used in most programming languages and there are lots of guides out there.

• RegExr is an online tool to learn, build, & test Regular Expressions(RegEx / RegExp).

• For this you don't even need regex necessarily.

replace(srctxt, " ", "")

and if you wanna find out the length without spaces:

len(replace(srctxt, " ", ""))

Of course regex has it's advantage. It can also catch other whitespace characters in one go and replace them for you etc, like Ramones showed.

• What?

Google "regex" will give you more results than you ever can read...

http://eloquentjavascript.net/09_regexp.html

oh javascript.. that was not clear. I'm a C/C++ person I haven't done much js. Still there should be a link in the doc to something like this and not assume users know the flags or know it's js.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • RegExr is an online tool to learn, build, & test Regular Expressions(RegEx / RegExp).

oh it's not js? it is it's own thing? well it's a standard I know nothing about, so good to know!

• okay so these..

\d Any digit character

\w An alphanumeric character (“word character”)

\s Any whitespace character (space, tab, newline, and similar)

\D A character that is not a digit

\W A nonalphanumeric character

\S A nonwhitespace character

. Any character except for newline

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)