How do I break the mass collision effect?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Maybe but it doesent matter.
Thats why you trigger the scoring by the on destroy event.
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:02 pm

BackendFreak wrote:
It won't work. On collision condition trigger SOL is already in the memory so there is no second check if the line is there or not. That's why it's kinda tricky :)

That's where the Pick instance 0 helps.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Allright I've fixed it. So it turned out that there was something else in the project causing unwanted behaviour... but it doesn't matter cause at least I've played around with the On collision condition.

So the results.

I really hoped that @blackhornet solution would work cause it looks really decent, but unfortunately as I predicted in my previous post it run multiple times anyway just the events under this condition impact the instance 0 (multiple times).

@dsminor trick with destroying finishing line worked (I didn't get what you mean at first ;)) but that seems to be like a cannon for a fly. As you called it.. it is the hardcore way :).

I haven't try Is Overlapping as @Gumball suggested, cause this would be a performance killer in my case for sure... I have hundreads of enemies on the screen so I really have to think about the performance. I am even combining On collision with Every X second to save some CPU ;D (BTW: it works :))

I don't think there is any decent solution for executing event under On collision condition only once, but surely there are many workarounds we can do.

Again thanks for your help guyz!... I can finally go a step further with finishing this game :D
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?