How do I break those bricks

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:53 am

Robsta wrote:You could just try checking Player.Platform.MoveAngle > 180 (This should make it so that you can only break bricks while moving upwards).

please, reference construct nodes
p.s. it can also happen, that player can break >1 brick at once (vertically), how to fix that as well?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:40 am

I'm not really sure what you want/mean, but if you could clarify yourself or provide a capx with the issue it would be a lot clearer and easier to comment..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:25 am

LittleStain wrote:I'm not really sure what you want/mean, but if you could clarify yourself or provide a capx with the issue it would be a lot clearer and easier to comment..

here you go
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:52 am

Too bad, you are using a plugin I don't have and use (platform+), so I won't be able to open the caproj/capx..

My best bet would still be to delete the tile from the tilemap overlapped by a collisionsprite pinned to the player and create an animated destruction-sprite at that position..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:04 am

LittleStain wrote:Too bad, you are using a plugin I don't have and use (platform+), so I won't be able to open the caproj/capx..

it isn't so hard to download and install it
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:08 am

Why would I download and install something I never used and will never use in the future, just for you?
Just because it isn't hard doesn't mean it makes sense..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:26 am

LittleStain wrote:Why would I download and install something I never used and will never use in the future, just for you?
Just because it isn't hard doesn't mean it makes sense..

The question is "Why not?", not "Why?". It's a requirement for this project.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:01 am

It's not my project, is it?
I bought Construct2 two years ago, started working with it much earlier than that and have never needed that plugin, so I won't be needing it now..
Maybe your project needs it, but that doesn't mean I will install it..
I'll be glad to help you on your game, but that doesn't mean I should clutter up my construct2 plug-ins-menu with stuff I'll never use..

The question is Why..

Why is it a requirement?
Why would you expect someone who doesn't need it to download it?

The question could also be Why not..

Why not use the build in platform behaviour?

BTW, my explanation about the collisionsprite should work regardless of what behaviour you are using..
So all you will have to do is set up events for what I said..
I just won't be able to do it for you..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:50 pm

I agree with @LittleStain give his method a try .
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:44 am

For ensuring blocks only break from bottom hits you need to check if the players last position was below the bottom of the block, and if the current position is inside the block. do this by checking if the player is overlapping, and then checking if the players y position minus the y velocity is a position below the bottom of the block. this means the player crossed the bottom of the block while moving from one frame to the next, guaranteeing a proper bottom hit.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?