How do I build a signalling server

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:52 am

I have a server, and I want to create a multiplayer game, using my own server.
How do I make my server a signalling server??
B

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:16 am

After a google search you might find this article written by Ashley helpful in making your multiplayer game:
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/892/mu ... pts/page-3
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:00 am

That's only the multiplayer tutorial, however does not explain how to setup an own signalling server.
I would actually also be interested how i could setup my own dedicated server as a signalling server, offering multiple gaming sessions for a 4 player coop game.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:07 pm

We don't currently support independent signalling servers. However our own server is running on a powerful dedicated server with a gigabit connection and very good uptime, so you shouldn't have any trouble with it!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:34 am

Oh ok.
But what if someone wants to go big.
If thousands of players will be connecting to the signalling server offering hundreds of multiplayer sessions.

I mean of course, if it's just a signalling server, it will only connect them peer to peer to each other.
But still, it would be really great if i could offer a dedicated signalling server on our own, maybe even multiple ones, one for each continent.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Everade wrote:Oh ok.
But what if someone wants to go big.
If thousands of players will be connecting to the signalling server offering hundreds of multiplayer sessions.

I mean of course, if it's just a signalling server, it will only connect them peer to peer to each other.
But still, it would be really great if i could offer a dedicated signalling server on our own, maybe even multiple ones, one for each continent.

Can't agree more...
B

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:10 pm

I'd also like to see a dedicated signalling server option. The multiplayer plugin is great to have in this way too, but thinking about future possibilities and enormous projects I believe it is needed. It would be nice for the devs to be able to set up theit own server.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Are we out of luck with multiplayer development if corporate requires all services hosted internally or in-network?
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:39 am

Has the dedicated server idea gotten anywhere? I really do not like the idea of being forced to use Scirra's server and not be able to make my own.
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Not having the possibility to restart a server or monitor it sucks.
What if it goes down? who is monitoring the scirra server?
And will we be notisfied if it goes down?

Id rather setup my own, and create some alert system via sms and email, and a control panel for restarting and monitoring.

This current setup is not a stable solution in the end... and i guess thats why we cant connect to to it from Denmark.. Its probably placed in US, and theres latency or something.. Over 12 people have tried. No luck..
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?