How do I can implement something like CSS overflow-y:scroll

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:33 am

Hi guys! I need to create a quest journal in my game. I have a panel on which quests will be displayed. I need that panel to act like <div> with CSS attribute overflow-y: scroll. Is that possible to make in C2? Thanks in advance.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:52 am

If you really want to use HTML elements, there is a plugin for that in the plugin section of this forum.
If you want to recreate something like that in construct code, it's possible but not easy..
It would mean creating a scrollbar based on the size of the visible text, using masking to mask the part unvisible, etcetera..
An easier choice might be working with a next and previous button to go to other parts in your text instead of scrolling..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:47 am

LittleStain wrote:If you really want to use HTML elements, there is a plugin for that in the plugin section of this forum.
If you want to recreate something like that in construct code, it's possible but not easy..
It would mean creating a scrollbar based on the size of the visible text, using masking to mask the part unvisible, etcetera..
An easier choice might be working with a next and previous button to go to other parts in your text instead of scrolling..

I was thinking about buttons too. Maybe it'll be the best option. Thanks.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?