How do I carry over multiplayer group between layouts?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Message: Poxnixles can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Poxnixles wrote:
oosyrag wrote:In your screencap it looks like they are both subevents for something else, did you split the host and peer groups? The message received event needs to be in a peer group,and the host will also need its own action to go to the new layout.

Here is an example. Tested by previewing and duplicating a couple tabs/windows.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjtjilffjvtdu ... .capx?dl=0

Nah, they were just under a group. Your example is really helping, I'll let you know if I run into any other problems!

Seems to work as intended, just looks like actually carrying over the connection between the layouts is a whole, bigger can of worms.
B
S

Post » Thu May 05, 2016 1:12 am

I didn't check if the connection was maintained or if everyone has to reconnect via signaling. If they do stay connected, they will probably retain the same peerids from the original layout. The host can probably keep track of all the peers/peerids in an array and sync/create/assign the objects on the new layout accordingly.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 15, 2016 11:46 pm

oosyrag wrote:I didn't check if the connection was maintained or if everyone has to reconnect via signaling. If they do stay connected, they will probably retain the same peerids from the original layout. The host can probably keep track of all the peers/peerids in an array and sync/create/assign the objects on the new layout accordingly.

I just haven't put the multiplayer objects and such in the gameplay layout yet. Might that be what clinches it?
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?