How do I change icon in browser

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:13 am

I changed icons in icon folder, but I cant find any options for changing that
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:35 pm

I asked the same question. Sorry your going to have to dig for this one but here is a link that will eventually get you to the answer.

https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/1078
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:49 am

Taser wrote:I asked the same question. Sorry your going to have to dig for this one but here is a link that will eventually get you to the answer.

https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/1078

but this is for nod webkit package, not for html5
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:03 am

Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:52 pm

List of files for the example
working example
This is the example. I said that I changed icon files. There is no favicon.ico in the exporter's folder.
And still it shows a gear.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Construct 2/exporters/html5/favicon.ico is where you need to look. This icon is only used during preview - not sure why you'd care to change it.

The icon files in the project are used to create the icon shown in the browser tab only when you run an exported project. I guess you're not running an exported project... :)
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:59 am

Colludium wrote:Construct 2/exporters/html5/favicon.ico is where you need to look. This icon is only used during preview - not sure why you'd care to change it.

The icon files in the project are used to create the icon shown in the browser tab only when you run an exported project. I guess you're not running an exported project... :)

See the links above. They show exported files of project and the secod link is working example with these files. It shows a gear, though I exported that as html5 and changed icons. That means favicon is not only for preview right?
If I have to change tat file everytime I want to export a game, that's kinda strange

UPD: my friends who checked the example said that they didn't see any gears. But why I see that everytime I launch it?
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:34 am

I presume that you're running from Dropbox or similar - ie not running in local preview or running the exported project directly off the c drive?

Then the only other fix I can think of is try forcing the browser cache to refresh. If that doesn't work (Ctrl F5 or shift F5 usually) then try deleting the browser cache - that will force the browser to have to download all of the files again. That should fix it.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:31 am

Colludium wrote:I presume that you're running from Dropbox or similar - ie not running in local preview or running the exported project directly off the c drive?

Then the only other fix I can think of is try forcing the browser cache to refresh. If that doesn't work (Ctrl F5 or shift F5 usually) then try deleting the browser cache - that will force the browser to have to download all of the files again. That should fix it.

Yeah, shift+f5 worked. Thank you!
B
S

Return to Beginner's Questions