How do I change sprite colour depending on touch speed

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Have you ever dreamed of playing in a Speedball game or tournament?
  • Hi everyone,

Could be a really simple question but it has me stumped.

I would like to change the colour of a sprite depending on how fast the user taps the screen.

For example:

no taps - white sprite

lots of taps - red sprite

I don't have a problem changing the colour of the sprite, but how can I measure the frequency of the users taps?

Thanks!

• Do this:

System Event -> On every 0.5 seconds (for example) & Is Object being touched.

If it misses one it will stay white. Change the timing to get he frequency that you need.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers!

• Hi henriquesv,

thanks for your advice - I just tried our your logic and it works - just not quite how I imagined it!

What I am looking for is a little more open ended. By that I mean instead of targeting a specific touch frequency, I would like the sprite to change colour gradually as the user taps faster and faster.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for helping out!

• Try this capx. You also have to remember to check if touch has been released... otherwise the player would cheat =)

• Hummm I see... let me think about it!

• You could do this:

Set the timer to minimum period (increase frequency) and count how many touches it gets in a larger amount of time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For instance:

Timer 1 (0.01s): check if the touch has been released and if it is touching. Add 1 to the counter.

Timer 2 (0.5s): check how many touches happened and set this number to a color scale; clear counter;

=)

• Hi henriquesv,

thank you very much for your help, that looks perfect!

I will give that a try and let you know how I go (or if I need any more assistance =) .

thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)