How do I change the size of a sprite gradually ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:24 pm

EDIT : Check the message under to understand my new problem, thanks :D

Hi ! I'm trying to do a plateform game, but here's my problem :

Before entering the pyramid (where all the levels will be in, like an intro), the player will be moving from the left to the right of the screen. I want to create a depth perception effect, for example the sprite initial size is 30x30 and as he goes further to the right, he'll end at a 5x5 size.

Here's a little drawing I did with paint to help you understand (check the attachment ) :

IMPORTANT DETAILS :

- If the player goes to the left, he gain size, like he becomes bigger going to the left and smaller to the right
- If he keeps going to the right, he can't be under X size, I don't want him to disappear (same for the left)
- The animation must be gradual and smooth, sexier
- I'll love for ever the person that will help me

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shortcube on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
B

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:37 pm

Actually nevermind, my friend managed to do it

I've put the how-to-do-it as an attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:41 pm

You can use linear interpolation functions to change the player's size based on thier X. Have a read up on lerp in the manual.

Player.Width = lerp(30, 5, Player.X/PyramidX)
Player.Height = lerp(30, 5, Player.X/PyramidX)

You can also affect the jump height and walking speed with the same function, to add to the illusion.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Oh thank you, I won't say no to more options :)
B

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:55 pm

I have another problem though, before I did the change-size thing, I could have my mirror effect applied for when the Sprite was going to the left, now it's disabled so no mather what I press, it will always face the right and never turn, got any ideas on how to arrange that ?
B

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:25 pm

Up
B

Return to How do I....?