How do I Check A License Has Not Been Redeemed yet?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:41 am

Someone is selling me a business license and claims he bought the wrong one.
How can I make sure the license hasn't yet been redeemed?
(Which of course the number is hidden)
Last edited by ekajuan on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:44 am

Licences are linked to scirra or steam accounts? don't think it is a good idea to buy it..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:49 am

Mm...what is steam, I kept hearing that term?
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:01 am

@ekajuan he is referencing Steam the popular Game service for PC created by Valve http://store.steampowered.com/

Also it is not a good idea to buy a key from a random user as is could be stolen/fake or they could of given it out to more then one person which will lead to that key being banned. and the reason they're giving sound very sketchy
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:20 am

Probably you're right. Even if the number is legit and hasn't been redeemed, the number has gone out to more than one person. After I redeem it, it is opened to abuse risk.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Technically it's OK to sell your redeem code if you haven't redeemed it as it's not selling the license file. Once the code is redeemed, you're not permitted to sell the license file.

A few things to be aware of though when buying a redeem code:

- We will not help with the transaction in any way (including telling you if a redeem code is redeemed or not)
- You open yourself up to being scammed in multiple ways
- If the payment to purchase the redeem code is chargebacked (they can do this up to 90 or so days after purchase!) your license will be deactivated and we will not reactivate the license unless the original payment is made good

It's just a lot safer to buy from us directly for these reasons. If it's for a small discount, is it worth the risk? If it's for a big discount, are you sure it's not too good to be true?
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?