How do I check if a mouse button is hold down

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi everyone, i'm starting a new project on Construct 2 with the challenge to create a one button game. I was wondering if I can check if the player is holding the left mouse button and create an event as long as he do. I've seen presets for a simple click as well as a double click, but none for a holding click. Help ! Thanks beforehand :)
B

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:40 pm

SempaiQuest wrote:Hi everyone, i'm starting a new project on Construct 2 with the challenge to create a one button game. I was wondering if I can check if the player is holding the left mouse button and create an event as long as he do. I've seen presets for a simple click as well as a double click, but none for a holding click. Help ! Thanks beforehand :)

From the Manual:

Mouse button is down
True if a given mouse button (left, middle or right) is currently being held down.

Please try and read the manual before posting. It is very useful.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Thanks, i checked the frequently asked questions topic but not the manual ! Sorry =)
B

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:47 pm

SempaiQuest wrote:Thanks, i checked the frequently asked questions topic but not the manual ! Sorry =)

Not a problem, but the manual should be the first thing on your list, followed by the odd tutorial.

You really will gain a much better understandind of how C2's Event system works, which can be unusual to the novice user.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?