How do I check if "animation" is overlapping object

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:58 am

I can't seem to figure out how to do a condition for if animation is overlapping object than do this..

I.E. I am trying to have an explosion animation trigger damage on another object but cannot use the "is overlapping object" since the explosion is a separate animation.

Is there no way to do something like "object's animation is overlapping > object" ??
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:21 am

The sprite is the object overlapping. Just add the extra condition "Sprite.Is playing" with the animation name.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:33 am

@JaredX - Did you try this:

(Pick by Comparison: Sprite1.Animation Name = "Animation1") & Is overlapping Object(Sprite2)
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:42 am

blackhornet wrote:The sprite is the object overlapping. Just add the extra condition "Sprite.Is playing" with the animation name.

Thanks for the response :P
Yeah I knew about the object is playing condition, only I have that one object doing multiple things, but yeah I had to find a work around using instance variables, but thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:49 am

chadorireborn wrote:@JaredX - Did you try this:

(Pick by Comparison: Sprite1.Animation Name = "Animation1") & Is overlapping Object(Sprite2)

Yeah, that was one of the first things I tried which just refused to work for me, than I ended up using the object is overlapping and that seemed to work.
Regardless I think I have it fixed :D
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions