How do I choose 1 random item from family

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:10 am

I have several colored blocks for backgrounds and all I want to do is when the game starts is to tile one in from the family folder. Right now it's adding them all so it's just a rainbow of blocks for the background. I just want it to use one at a time on start of layout and use a different one each time you start the game.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:59 pm

System Pick a random instance of tilecolors > fill tiles with tilecolors.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Ok thank you I will try that... Thank you so much...
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:10 pm

@plinkie thank you for taking the time but for some reason, it's not working...

Must be the long hours at work going in a 3am.

Thanks again

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Hmm I'm not familiar with fill tiles, what is that object, some kind of plugin? Anyway, because you only want to pick the tile once I imagine if you add a Trigger once while true condition to the Pick random colors, it should work. Depends how the fill works...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 pm

Fair enough thanks

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?