How do I choose what to do with my weapon system?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:13 am

Hello scirra forums! this is my first post here under me and a friend's joint account.

I have a few questions I need addressed in regards to a weapon system.

I have an array of values in both text and integer that represent the workings of a weapon system, with sorting slots, ammo, magazines, names, all that good stuff.
However, I'm having a problem. the mouse wheel is meant to sort through these values, but I'm a little frustrated with trying to get it to work.

Only ammo, magazine, and weapon name are to be displayed to the user through text, the other values I have are for system-related use.

sorting.png

this is the code I use, the comments show my problem. I have no idea why it would work on the backscroll whereas the forward scroll screws it up. The disabled lines are what I used before, clamp is not working for me so I had to add in the extra conditions.

I'm tempted to switch my values to XML format, because I'm feeling like I might be able to do things in that format faster than using arrays- even with rex's CSV tools.

also, Second question. How do I use filepicker or another associated plugin (even it) to load mods? say an array to use as a tilemap? I plan to work on making my games moddable in the future and want be preemptive on it for my next game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Here utility to fill an array
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:11 am

Handy utility @DeXVinogradov !
ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?