How do I continue an animation while I'm in other layouts?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu May 21, 2015 4:30 pm

I want to play an animation, a visual timer, from 12AM to 6AM on Layout Office.

But I also want to switch to Camera Layouts, and let the timer run as it would. The problem is, when I exit the Layout office to go the the Camera Layouts, the visual timer playing on Layout Office pauses, until I go back to Layout Office.

Is there a fix for this?
B
S

Post » Thu May 21, 2015 6:43 pm

How about using a global variable to store the frame number and set the animation frame to be that variable...?
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 24, 2015 7:01 am

eli0s wrote:How about using a global variable to store the frame number and set the animation frame to be that variable...?

How would that work
B
S

Post » Sun May 24, 2015 7:15 am

Following on from what elios said, you would also probably need to 'hand roll' your own elapsed time algorithm and then upon returning to the layout office, you would adjust what ever needs adjusting based on the amount of calculated time that has passed.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 24, 2015 12:26 pm

@gomotion100 , I am not quite sure of what you are actually trying to achieve, but this example should demonstrate the Variable approach that I was talking about.

http://www.eli0s.com/Tests/Time.capx (right click and Save Link As)

You could also search for 3rd party time management/related plugins, like "Time Manager", "System Manager" and "System Date and Time". These might prove to help a lot.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?