How do I continue editing project - under 100 events!

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
This sound pack comes with 100 high quality, ready-to-use sound effects for all kinds of games.
  • I was working on a project since 2 days and yesterday it exceeded the limit of 100 events. Upon receiving the error regarding the limit of Free edition - I restructured my project slightly and removed few events to bring the count to <100. Today, while working on the same project I got the same restriction error pop-up even though my events are just 90. Now, even after deleting some more events and bringing the count to around 70; Construct2 is still not allowing me to edit the project. I don't understand this... is this intended? It is weird because my events are clearly less than 100 (also I have not exceeded 4 layers, 2 effects thorughout the project). Please help me out here.

• Hmm, not really played around with the free version, but it sounds like once that limit "switch" is flipped, it isn't reset. Maybe try copying the events/objects/etc into a new project and see if that issue is resolved.

Also, you're not using any families or containers right? I think they are limited in the free version too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi! No, no containers of families... just groups for some events. I'll try copying into new project and check. But, really this is weird... if the switch flip in intentional and is permanent... it makes no sense!

• Remember, it's not just the event count that can trigger the limit.

From the manual:

[quote:a3zkod70]

A maximum of 100 events in a project

A maximum of 4 layers in any layout

A maximum of 2 effects in a project

No folder organisation in the project bar

No event search

No configurations bar

No Families

No Preview on LAN ?

Not allowed to be used for commercial purposes (however, it can be used in education and other non-profit organisations)

Check on effects, layers etc.

• Oh no! I just checked my project again and found 3 effects were used in it :/ Sorry, my bad. I removed the effect and now Construct2 is allowing me to edit further. I was focusing on event count so much that I totally missed it!

Thanks to both of you

Remember, it's not just the event count that can trigger the limit.

From the manual:

[quote:t9v5j202]

A maximum of 100 events in a project

A maximum of 4 layers in any layout

A maximum of 2 effects in a project

No folder organisation in the project bar

No event search

No configurations bar

No Families

No Preview on LAN ?

Not allowed to be used for commercial purposes (however, it can be used in education and other non-profit organisations)

Check on effects, layers etc.

• Not really your fault

I would've thought Ashley would give a breakdown of Events/Layers/Effects when the limit has been reached, in order for users to know why they've reached the limit.

(Maybe he does - not sure as I've never tried!).

• zenox98 Ashley job to provide you with free version and you want more? Ask yourself where would you get software like Construct 2 version free.

• Lordshiva1948

What on Earth are you talking about?

This isn't about getting more for nothing, it's about providing a user with information.

Please read the thread carefully before making comments that bare no relevance to the thread.

• I completely agree with your view. When I encountered the issue and found the status bar nicely displaying "Events: x" alongwith mem usage, I really wished we could see "Effects: ", "Total Layers: " - etc

Not really your fault

I would've thought Ashley would give a breakdown of Events/Layers/Effects when the limit has been reached, in order for users to know why they've reached the limit.

(Maybe he does - not sure as I've never tried!).

• Perhaps even better would be if it prevented you from adding the event/effect/etc rather than just a warning (or a message box you click "OK" on to acknowledge that you've reached a limit)

Lordshiva1948, in answer to your second question, there are some similar tools available 100% free (with their own downfalls and differences), even one that Scirra made before Construct 2. However, Construct 2 is definitely my preferred choice out of the options, and I feel that it's well worth the price

• I'm sure it's just a time thing - he is the only developer after all

But yes, it would be extremely useful for those testing the free edition.

Next time he asks for suggestions, I'll suggest a pop-up message showing the reason for crossing the free limitation.

• Now that problem solved , a friendly advice from my side of view!!!

Best think to do , is buy the software and support the community and programmers beside it.

Honestly , if you are on a tight budget (i was , and many times i still am ) , gather each penny you got , and buy the full version when you can , you will never regret it , even if you stop using it after some time.

Free version is good for learning and thats all , you need the full (sometimes a bit more) in order to start making something.

Peace and out

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)