How do I control menu layers?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • Greetings there! ^_^

I am trying to come up with the best possible way to create an inventory system with many layers, example;

Start -> Opens Menu -> Picks an option -> Opens new window (such as equipment) -> Clicking item opens another. Etc.

When pressing ESC -> Go back 1 step/window to the previous one.

I was wondering the best possible way to do this and control one window at a time without accidently pressing on the window behind it.

Is layer 'on screen' best option? U click 'Equip'-> moves current window offscreen and 'Equipment' Layer on screen? And so on?

Or is it with variable? IF X is true, then ..?

Anybody knows? ^_^

• I would use a variable condition. Assign each menu a unique number, and add variable ActiveMenu. Add the condition ActiveMenu=x so that you can only interact with the currect active menu, if they stack.

Alternatively, you can just replace the previous menu completely when opening a new one, then you dont have to worry about stacking/overlapping at all. You can save what the previous menu was in a variable as well, for when you need to go back.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would use a variable condition. Assign each menu a unique number, and add variable ActiveMenu. Add the condition ActiveMenu=x so that you can only interact with the currect active menu, if they stack.

Alternatively, you can just replace the previous menu completely when opening a new one, then you dont have to worry about stacking/overlapping at all. You can save what the previous menu was in a variable as well, for when you need to go back.

Thanks, this information is useful ^_^

• If there are any other/more advices, please tell me! ^_^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)