How do I convert my game to actual code

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:10 pm

so i made this beta game and i was telling my friends this and one of my friend went like to quote
" OH I DONT BALIVE YOU YOU LIENG YOU DONT MAKE GMAE BLAAAAAHHH IF I DON SEE COD I DON BALIV
YOU
"
~My Stupid Friend
so yea he said he doesn't believe me just cuz i don't have the code even though i showed him the game (he's a real stupid friend... trust me) and i very well can't show him the event sheets now can I?
So if this is possible please tell me how (please let this be possible, please)
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:17 pm

Sounds like you need new friends......

Much of the info about C2 games seems to be in the various xml files. Alternately, open it up with Firebug, though the vast majority of what firebug shows you is the Engine's code.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:23 pm

Code? What code? Its all magic, and hamsters, lots of hamsters.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:28 pm

On export, it makes a .js file with all of the code in it. If you leave "minify" unchecked during export to HTML5, it won't even be garbled.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:34 pm

I'm confused, what exactly is wrong with showing your friend the event sheets in the Construct editor? Or are you trying to give the impression that you coded the game from scratch in javascript? (which is kinda deceptive)

In either case, the event and layout code is stored as a collection of XML files under .\Layouts and .\Event sheets assuming you saved the project as a folder. If not, you'll have to extract the capx which is basically the zipped up contents of the project.

The actual code of an exported HTML5 project is basically stored as JSON on the data.js file. This script is then fed into the c2runtime.js file.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:21 am

If you really want to wow the guy, I think all you really need to do is save your game as a project and then open the event sheet XML files in notepad. On the other hand you can just stop being friends with someone who basically insulted your work because they're ignorant.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:10 am

Don't minify the export and show him the "c2runtime.js" file :P
But maybe a better solution it's to find new friends :/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:38 am

This person sounds like a very immature person and probably not worth to have as friend!
What's really this person not believing? That you made the game? Tell this person about Construct 2 and that it is a great tool to make games quickly. If needed take a screenshot of a portion of your events or other project if you are cautious about your events.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:47 am

get ready for a lot of replies :D
Last edited by Ash10500 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:49 am

@bladedpenguin
Sounds like you need new friends......

Oh do i ever! Thanks for the help ! :)

@newt
Code? What code? Its all magic, and hamsters, lots of hamsters.

Hamsters huh? Thanks i'll look into that :lol: (I was wondering where all that hamster poop was coming from)

@C-7
On export, it makes a .js file with all of the code in it. If you leave "minify" unchecked during export to HTML5, it won't even be garbled.

Sweet! that should work :)

@cacotigon
I'm confused, what exactly is wrong with showing your friend the event sheets in the Construct editor? Or are you trying to give the impression that you coded the game from scratch in javascript? (which is kinda deceptive)

no not really we're talking about a guy who thinks debug is hitting a button and letting magic (and Hamsters Magical Hamsters, lets not forget the Hamsters :D ) fix your entire program for you while your out.the best thing he knows is just that games have code .If you gave him construct 2 the best thing he could make would be a smiley face on a white BG so yea he would understand nothing about event sheets (*shudder* :x ) :)

@corlenbelspar
On the other hand you can just stop being friends with someone who basically insulted your work because they're ignorant.

I do I so want to ,but i have these other friends (who are good) who insist on me being friends with him

@lolva
But maybe a better solution it's to find new friends :/

Need I even explain this any more :lol: (read the above written) but none the less I want to

@helena
This person sounds like a very immature person and probably not worth to have as friend!

Trust me he isn't :(
but like i said i'm in a friend of friend situation right now

Thanks to everyone else who helped
B
S

Next

Return to How do I....?