How do I copy a tile in the workarea (tilemap)

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Fri May 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Hey,

I heard that you can now copy a single tile in the tile map work area. How is this done. Also, why can't you copy an entire area like you can from the tilemap palette. Also, is there a way to copy and move sections of the tilemap? ... -.-
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:51 am

ruskul wrote:I heard that you can now copy a single tile in the tile map work area. How is this done. Also, why can't you copy an entire area like you can from the tilemap palette. Also, is there a way to copy and move sections of the tilemap? ... -.-

1. It's shift + click (or + right-click, not sure)
2. That will be available soon (hopefully very soon)
3. No
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:29 am

You can use the program Tiled, it is much more comfortable.
Sorry for my bad english, but I really do my best! And use and check with Google Translator.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:17 am

deathangel1479 wrote:You can use the program Tiled, it is much more comfortable.

yes but I feel the development workflow is quite bad and doesn't allow fast level editing when designing "tight" levels.

I will have to give it a go again though, as it seems the "less favorable work flow" will be faster in the long run.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:18 am

7Soul wrote:
ruskul wrote:I heard that you can now copy a single tile in the tile map work area. How is this done. Also, why can't you copy an entire area like you can from the tilemap palette. Also, is there a way to copy and move sections of the tilemap? ... -.-

1. It's shift + click (or + right-click, not sure)
2. That will be available soon (hopefully very soon)
3. No

Was Ashley planning 3? I thought that was seen as fairly necessary and basic. I mean why bother with the ability to edit a tile map at all if it is missing basic features.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:05 am

ruskul wrote:
deathangel1479 wrote:You can use the program Tiled, it is much more comfortable.

yes but I feel the development workflow is quite bad and doesn't allow fast level editing when designing "tight" levels.

I will have to give it a go again though, as it seems the "less favorable work flow" will be faster in the long run.

I really like Tiled in every sense. To each his own.
But I have also my own methode to use these maps in Construct. T2CC
I also need something, I think nobody else needs. The objects in Tiled, for server-side collision. :D

I think I handle Construct a bit different.
Sorry for my bad english, but I really do my best! And use and check with Google Translator.
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions