How do I copy a tile in the workarea (tilemap)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
slide the tiles to fill the board.60 awesome levels.
  • Hey,

I heard that you can now copy a single tile in the tile map work area. How is this done. Also, why can't you copy an entire area like you can from the tilemap palette. Also, is there a way to copy and move sections of the tilemap? ... -.-

• I heard that you can now copy a single tile in the tile map work area. How is this done. Also, why can't you copy an entire area like you can from the tilemap palette. Also, is there a way to copy and move sections of the tilemap? ... -.-

1. It's shift + click (or + right-click, not sure)

2. That will be available soon (hopefully very soon)

3. No

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can use the program Tiled, it is much more comfortable.

• You can use the program Tiled, it is much more comfortable.

yes but I feel the development workflow is quite bad and doesn't allow fast level editing when designing "tight" levels.

I will have to give it a go again though, as it seems the "less favorable work flow" will be faster in the long run.

• > I heard that you can now copy a single tile in the tile map work area. How is this done. Also, why can't you copy an entire area like you can from the tilemap palette. Also, is there a way to copy and move sections of the tilemap? ... -.-

>

1. It's shift + click (or + right-click, not sure)

2. That will be available soon (hopefully very soon)

3. No

Was Ashley planning 3? I thought that was seen as fairly necessary and basic. I mean why bother with the ability to edit a tile map at all if it is missing basic features.

• > You can use the program Tiled, it is much more comfortable.

>

yes but I feel the development workflow is quite bad and doesn't allow fast level editing when designing "tight" levels.

I will have to give it a go again though, as it seems the "less favorable work flow" will be faster in the long run.

I really like Tiled in every sense. To each his own.

But I have also my own methode to use these maps in Construct. T2CC

I also need something, I think nobody else needs. The objects in Tiled, for server-side collision.

I think I handle Construct a bit different.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)