How do I create a 007 style "eye"

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi all

l am looking to create a circle which moves around the game area and when an object appears in its "sights" the play has to click on it if it is the correct type of object.

My question is how to create this effect ? also the movement of this circle can either be a controlled path or random.

I hope I have explained this well enough but if I have not think of the 007 intro where bond is walking across the screen and a circle or eye is following him. It is that type of effect

Thanks
Regards

TimCS
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Hey @timcs!

Something like this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/byq48wyr82f6v ... .capx?dl=0

Here's the step-by-step:
1. Put your bg in a layer.
2. Create another layer over it (mask layer) and set the following layer attributes:
Transparent: No
Force own texture: Yes
3. Create the "eye" sprite (it may have any shape you want) on the mask layer and set Effects>Blend Mode: Destination out.
4. Move the sprite around using your favorit method. In this example I gave the "eye" sprite a Bullet behavior and added a "Every x seconds" event that randomly chooses the Sprite.Bullet.AngleOfMotion among 360 degrees.

Hope it helps. Cheers!
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:55 pm

brunopalermo wrote:Hey @timcs!

Something like this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/byq48wyr82f6v ... .capx?dl=0

Here's the step-by-step:
1. Put your bg in a layer.
2. Create another layer over it (mask layer) and set the following layer attributes:
Transparent: No
Force own texture: Yes
3. Create the "eye" sprite (it may have any shape you want) on the mask layer and set Effects>Blend Mode: Destination out.
4. Move the sprite around using your favorit method. In this example I gave the "eye" sprite a Bullet behavior and added a "Every x seconds" event that randomly chooses the Sprite.Bullet.AngleOfMotion among 360 degrees.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Thanks @brunopalermo , for coming back to me, however I do not seem to be able to download your capx as it states that it is not there.

** EDIT **

No need for the capx file now, I just followed your instructions and it looks good ! thanks again, just need to get the behaviour of the moving sprite to work a bit better now.
Regards

TimCS
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:41 pm

brunopalermo wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/qg2hgaxm9rtuoru/bond-eye.capx?dl=0

Thanks brunopalermo very helpful
Regards

TimCS
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:40 am

Glad to help! :)
Bruno

B
S
G

Return to How do I....?