How do I create a hover over tooltip with borders?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi guys. First of all i'd like to say, that i am really happy, that i found Construct2 and this awesome community.

It has resparked my hobbyish programming flame and is killing all my leisure time in the moment. In a good way.

I got following problem / question. I need tooltips for my game, that appear when i hover over an item and display the name, a prepared tooltip text and so on.

Maybe im missing something but i can either create textbox objects with borders, that only work with singleline output (even with plugins) OR text objects, on which i cant get borders working.

I'd love some input on how you would takle this or maybe a capx where you already did something like this.

Cheers guys

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • m0nkeybusiness

The options are pretty limited - you can change the Type field of a TextBox to TextArea to get multiple lines (and then use CSS to make the background and border. Or use a sprite for the background and border and then place a text object on top of it. But then you need to know how much text will be displayed in advance, or resize the sprite after text has been set - using the TextHeight and TextWidth properties.

• TextArea was exactly what i was looking for. Thank you very much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)