How do I create a jetpack FROM SCRATCH?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 12, 2017 5:00 pm

(Sorry for double post, admins! (And everyone else) )

So, I am making a 2D platformer shooter. I am implementing a backpack feature in the game, but do not know how to approach this. It should work alongside the normal movement system, but everything I try is horribly broken.
This is the second post I made about this subject, but this time I want help to creating a system from scratch due to bugs in the old one.

Maybe someone could look at this capx, point me in the right the direction, eh? If you decide to do this, thanks in advance.

CAPX: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-jGql80WWuRWTdudHR2WFdoTFk

the old capx, with a broken jetpack system: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-jGql80WWuRM3hYaUx2MU5FLWs

Again, if you help me, thank you. I do not know if I am asking for too much here. :)
B
S

Post » Fri May 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Why have you created a new thread for this when you already have an active thread here?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 12, 2017 5:53 pm

zenox98 wrote:Why have you created a new thread for this when you already have an active thread here?

I posted the wrong capx, and it is too late to edit as the post will have around 90% less answers now. If you can, please delete it. I am looking to create the jetpack from scratch, not to build on a broken system.
B
S

Post » Fri May 12, 2017 7:39 pm

@Miksu112

I've not looked at your capx but here's a very basic example of a jetpack mechanic that works with the platformer behaviour: capx (r244)

Just hold down space to rise up and use the arrow keys to move the player as normal.
Vote for all the Construct 2 games on Steam Greenlight - Find them here
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 13, 2017 6:10 am

OddConfection wrote:@Miksu112

I've not looked at your capx but here's a very basic example of a jetpack mechanic that works with the platformer behaviour: capx (r244)

Just hold down space to rise up and use the arrow keys to move the player as normal.

@OddConfection Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for!
B
S

Return to How do I....?