How do I create a login system(alternative to Parse/Heroku?)

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi guys,

I'm trying to make a login/authentication system that relies on a database with player usernames, passwords, scores, achievements and certain game variables.

How can I do this without going into PHP and the likes?

I heard about Parse (discontinued) and Heroku... I'm using REX's plugin for Parse connections, but I get a browser CORS (access content from another server security issue) error whenever I try to connect to their server.

I'm not too familiar with Google Play systems or Battlegrounds, but I believe they require a login from their platform (which I want to avoid) and they only store usernames, passwords, scores and achievements... can anyone confirm that?

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks!

-vila4480

• Parse the service was discontinued but not parse in general,i use it nowadays with my own privately hosted server,Tho realistically speaking if you have no grasp of javascript/Nodejs it does become useless,and as far as alternatives go that's a bit sparse

• Thank you for your reply!

I'll look on the bright side of your answer: If this is a no-go then I've got to find an alternative route.

If anyone has any alternative suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys,

-vila4480

• Try Firebase, rex made plugins for it.

It have authentication, leaderboard, and storage

It have authentication, leaderboard, and storage

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

• why not using php and mysql?

you'll need hosting server and domain for accessing the storage.

And, i have product about it, it called My Profile Template.

Check my signature 👇

• > why not using php and mysql?

>

Thank you for your reply, but I'm trying to avoid having to delve into PHP which is really difficult for me.

> Try Firebase, rex made plugins for it.

>

It was a bit tricky to set up Firebase at first but the template from the store is well worth the money and it worked just fine!

Thank you very much Busydude! I hope I can help you out someday somehow!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

This works wonders busydude thank you!

It was relatively easy to set up in the Firebase backoffice.

I bought an example .capx from the Scirra store that wasn't that good (too messy!!) but I believe it to be the only one available.

Took me a day and a half but I just modified the login system enough to suit my needs and I'm currently adding leaderboards and everything seems easy and smooth now.

Again, thanks for your suggestions guys!

• > Try Firebase, rex made plugins for it.

>

This works wonders busydude thank you!

It was relatively easy to set up in the Firebase backoffice.

I bought an example .capx from the Scirra store that wasn't that good (too messy!!) but I believe it to be the only one available.

Took me a day and a half but I just modified the login system enough to suit my needs and I'm currently adding leaderboards and everything seems easy and smooth now.

Again, thanks for your suggestions guys!

Awesome! glad you got it to work, thank Rex for the awesome plugins!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)