How do I create a Memory Mix&Match Game that has 3 matches?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • Hi all!

Can i know is there any way i can create a memory mix & match game that has 3 matches instead of like 2 matches. For example, there will be 24 cards with 8 sets of 3 matching characters per set. (something like the image below). Do advise, thanks so much!

• What have you tried? Are you having trouble with any specific mechanic?

Generally speaking, yes there are many ways you can create this game.

Try breaking down your game into very specific pieces, think about what you want the player to see and do, and make that happen.

• What have you tried? Are you having trouble with any specific mechanic?

Generally speaking, yes there are many ways you can create this game.

Try breaking down your game into very specific pieces, think about what you want the player to see and do, and make that happen.

Hmm i am trying to do it in the following format:

1) create the card object

2) layout the cards in a 5x5 grid (24 cards total with 1 card that will be a stationary face up icon)

3) shuffling the deck

4) creating a turn of play for 3 matches (so far i only have success w 2 matches)

5) include no of turns/ play

Would i need to use arrays for this? Or are there ways to do this without using arrays?

• match3Cards.capx

Wow! this looks great!

Can i ask how did you layout the cards in such an orderly manner without using arrays? Was it through the use of the "cardholder" sprite?

• ...how did you layout the cards in such an orderly manner without using arrays? Was it through the use of the "cardholder" sprite?

i dont randomize card frames..but position ,with cardHolders(pick random cardHolder..card set position...)

because loopindex%modulo frames always appears in 0,1,2,3,4; 0,1,2,3,4; 0,1,2,34; order..

you can also use several animations for "face"-face1;face2;face3..etc

match5x5.capx

• > ...how did you layout the cards in such an orderly manner without using arrays? Was it through the use of the "cardholder" sprite?

>

i dont randomize card frames..but position ,with cardHolders(pick random cardHolder..card set position...)

because loopindex%modulo frames always appears in 0,1,2,3,4; 0,1,2,3,4; 0,1,2,34; order..

you can also use several animations for "face"-face1;face2;face3..etc

match5x5.capx

ohh! i see. that is pretty cool! Didnt know the animation could be utilised in this manner

i think i have an idea how to do it already, thanks alot korbacch!

just one more question though, if i like to add in a textbox displaying the "number of turns" & "number of matches", will that be possible?

• here:

match&swap.capx

• here:

match&swap.capx

Sry for the late reply! i managed to figure out how to do it in the end haha

Anyway thks a lot korbaach for the guidance, you have been a great help! =)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • how can i use this for show a random x.cards for example only 3 cards turn to front and then go back and i have choose where does cards appears, can anyone help me with this please

thanks

• try:_

find3Cards.capx

• Thanks you

i will try it now

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)