How do I create a message box with scrolling text?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:33 am

Hello! I'm wondering how to create a message box where each letter appears every .5 seconds from left to right.

Each letter appearing every second or so. Is there a way to do this? I hope I'm explaining correctly!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:20 am

ChaoticShadow24 wrote:Hello! I'm wondering how to create a message box where each letter appears every .5 seconds from left to right.

Each letter appearing every second or so. Is there a way to do this? I hope I'm explaining correctly!

You can do this using XML and some game makers already made tutorials about this. One Tutorial is this:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial- ... ystem-1265

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:22 am

One thing that I've doing, and has worked for me so far, is to create the dialog box as a sprite, I first create it on a vector graphics program(my choice is Inkscape), add it to the project, and give it the fade behavior, in my case fade in, and duration of 2 sec, starts appearing form left to right. I don't know if its what you are looking for, for my project works really well. Hope it helps
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?