How do I create a missile defense system?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to simulate the interception of ballistic missiles with anti-ballistic missiles.

The problem is, the ABMs(anti-ballistic missiles) have unpredictable behaviors, they're slow in finding a path, missing their target entirely and for some odd reason all drain down at point 0,0 on the map.

Is path-finding not suitable for high speed tracing?

What else can I do?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update : I've been trying to use a Turret vs Turret situation, but once the bullets collide the event in which they are both destroyed is never triggered.. ?

• Turret with predictive aim should work much better than path finding.

If your bullets are small and moving fast, they can pass through each other "in between frames", faster than the system can detect collision.

You can try making their collision polygons bigger.

• dop2000,

Thank you for your reply,

I was able to solve the collision event by enlarging the pixels significantly.

However, my counter-turret is acting not as expected. It shoots bullets in random directions or way off from the target.

Predictive aiming doesn't work, it attempts to shoot something off-screen when there is nothing waiting there.

Screenshot of eventsheet

https://imgur.com/uHbZNfk[/code:3cdyyxb9]
  • Try adding these actions before the "AAAT acquire target":

AAAT clear turret targets

System Wait 0

If this doesn't help, could you share your capx?

• Try adding these actions before the "AAAT acquire target":

AAAT clear turret targets

System Wait 0

If this doesn't help, could you share your capx?

I have decided to change my approach on this,

I have created a blank sprite that is spawned by mouse double-clicking, when it is spawned, the counter-turret fires a missile at it.

The player is meant to intercept the enemy's missile by manually calculating its trajectory.

Hopefully I can add physics now..

If you know anything about missile physics implementation into CS2 I'd appreciate it .

New event sheet

https://imgur.com/pP074bG[/code:2tajmx14]
  • You can add gravity to Bullet behavior, don't need physics for that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)