How do I create a random generating room course that...

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • (Tried to keep the title short, explains ellipsis)

So what I'm trying to accomplish is a simplistic dystopian game where you are trapped in a bizarre lab accompanied by a robotic AI. You try to get to the end but here's the catch. Every time you play it's a new experience. There's a whole new different set of rooms to navigate. I already have the random generating rooms done but is it possible to set a way so that the game remembers what those random rooms were.

For example:

Player goes from Point A to Point Random,

Player ends up in Point D,

Players goes back the way he came and instead of going to another random room, he/she ends back up in Point A,

And so on.

Almost like every time the player enters a room, it adds on to the "map" of the game.

I appreciate any help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You say you have the generation done..

In what way do you generate the rooms?

Would it be possible to put the generated room in an array or save a tilemap asjson or..?

• LittleStain

I currently have invisible objects off both sides of the level screen, placed on each layout(room). If player passes through the right object, there's a variable number that's chosen at random.

Ex.

Player goes right,

Random variable number,

If num = 1 go to Room A

If num = 2 go to Room B

I see what you are saying, which I would probably have to change this method to fit your idea.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)