How do I create a sliding (opening) door

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:43 am

I have my spirte ready and the Y position that I want the door to end up.

After the player destroys a simple object I want the door to head towards that position without simple "teleporting" by using set position.
The idea behind it is so easy, but yet I'm having trouble figuring it out. I used custom movement but it went towards that Y position and kept on going.
I tried Sine (which supposedly is the method) but no matter what I tried it just kept going up and down.

I am most likely missing something, but this is confusing me and I'd appreciate the help.

Requirement:

Object on Destroy: Move Door towards position in X amount of time.
B

Post » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:02 pm

There are a few ways to do this.
Without using third party plugins using lerp would probably be your best choice, for it gives a smooth movement.
I think though that most people like to use the third party plugins litetween or moveto for these purposes.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:13 pm

LittleStain wrote:There are a few ways to do this.
Without using third party plugins using lerp would probably be your best choice, for it gives a smooth movement.
I think though that most people like to use the third party plugins litetween or moveto for these purposes.

Thank You.

I got my hands on litetween and was able to have the door I've had trouble with since last week to do what I needed in 3 seconds.
B

Return to How do I....?